Revolution Prep is a fast-growing, privately-held company that is developing innovative software with a goal of making education smarter. We’re seeking a Product Designer to help build and implement the next phase of Revolution Prep’s tech platform.
About the Product Designer position
We are looking for an exceptional Product Designer to bring a strong design sensibility and a user-centered design approach to our products.
You should have a strong eye for design and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, creating beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
We're currently considering local candidates only to work from our Santa Monica headquarters.
In this role, you will:
- Work together with product management and engineering to build innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Participate in all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Develop original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Prepare wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Discuss designs and key milestone deliverables with peers and executive level stakeholders
- Perform user research and evaluate user feedback
- Set design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Stay up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- 2+ years' experience in a Product Designer, UX/UI Designer or similar role
- Exceptional UI design skills with a solid portfolio of design projects
- Experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Comfortable with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, and/or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Strong visual design skills with good understanding of user-system interaction
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with creative approach
- Experience of working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- BS or MS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or other related area