Revolution Prep is a fast-growing, privately-held company that is developing innovative software with a goal of making education smarter. We are looking for an exceptional UI Designer to bring a strong design sensibility and a user-centered design approach to our products.
About the UI Designer position
As a UI Designer, you will work directly with our product team and be a part of the entire product design life cycle, from sketches and wireframes to high fidelity designs and their development. Your role will contribute to all aspects of design: visual, user experience, product and interaction. You will work on our entire suite of digital products, including desktop, mobile web, tablet, and mobile apps (iOS & Android).
We're currently considering local candidates only to work from our Santa Monica headquarters.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with Product, business stakeholders and end-users to define requirements
- Analyze and optimize user flow
- Develop original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Prepare wireframes, user flows, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Perform user research and evaluate user feedback
- Transform low-fidelity ideas into beautiful high-fidelity mockups and design specs
- Stay up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- 2 - 5+ years' experience in a UX/UI Designer, Product Designer or similar role
- Exceptional UI design skills with a solid portfolio of design projects
- Comfortable with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, and/or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Comfortable with HTML/CSS/JS or other tools for creating prototypes
- Strong visual design skills with good understanding of user-system interaction
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with creative approach
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- BS or MS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or other related area