Revolution Math is an innovative program designed to help 2nd-5th graders develop their math skills and an overall love of learning. The live, online interface integrates an interactive learning experience with a story-based curriculum and Common Core aligned math games. Students enjoy a small class size of only 4 students, allowing them to build confidence under the instruction of a dedicated tutor.
We are seeking to hire a Full Stack Engineer who can contribute to the rapid development of our Revolution Math product. Principal responsibilities include the maintenance and development of our API-based back end infrastructure, and the development of front-end features for our student and teacher interfaces that help the organization deliver math instruction to more and more parents across the country. You'll need to be experienced in database design and front-end development, and able to work solo to accomplish a wide variety of tasks.
The ideal candidate thrives on being challenged and is enthusiastic about working in a fast-paced environment. Revolution is a highly entrepreneurial organization that seeks to be a leading innovator in the educational industry, and our talented team of Revolutionaries is dedicated to the cause. As a Full Stack Engineer, you will be a critical component in that effort.
- Maintain and develop new features for a Ruby on Rails JSON API along with a suite of AngularJS/Angular web applications
- Develop new features for a Ruby on Rails GraphQL API along with an accompanying React/Phaser game application
- Maintain and improve the cloud server architecture for all applications
- Routinely inspect server code for speed optimization.
- Conceptualize and implement solutions for data storage in an existing MySQL database
- Create config, build, and test scripts for Continuous Integration environments
- Ensure a clear dependency chain for application logic as well as file systems
- Understand and incorporate branding and marketing requirements
- Experience in OO architecture and design for web application development
- Strong proficiency in MySQL, Ruby, and Ruby on Rails
- Background in developing JSON APIs in Ruby on Rails
- Comfortable with writing concise tests (TDD and BDD)
- Experience utilizing Bootstrap and Material Design (or similar frameworks) to develop front-end interfaces
- Proficiency with Amazon Web Services and cloud architecture
- Solid understanding of Webpack
- Experience with implementing tracking pixels and scripts for marketing attribution
- Strong understanding of graphic design, visual communication, and design acuity
- Professional, precise communication skills
- Ability to become proficient in any new programming language or tool quickly
- Work efficiently under tight deadlines and adapt quickly to changes
- 3+ years’ full stack experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar field
- Familiarity with email service providers like Vero, Mailchimp, ActiveCampaign
- Proficient in Adobe CS (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.)
- Understanding of SCSS/SASS-type preprocessors, minimization, and optimization
Please include a resume, cover letter and a link to your portfolio.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.